- Pathways to SuccessThe Pathways to Success Program is funded by the City of Portland and Worksystems Inc. to help low-income Portland residents obtain living wage employment.
- Living SolutionsLiving Solutions is funded by the City of Gresham, and concentrates on serving Gresham job seekers with high barriers to obtaining living wage employment. Last year, as a group, the participants’ average income at program entry was $4,317. The group’s average annual income jumped to $19,233 upon employment – an average income increase of 345%. The result was an additional $878,685 in expendable income for low-income Gresham residents and the Gresham economy.
- CommunityWorksCommunityWorks is a new consortium which provides a multi-cultural and individualized approach to helping low income parents to successfully transition off TANF and back into the workforce. The program is a partnership between Human Solutions, the International Refugee Community Organization (IRCO), Native American Youth and Family Center (NAYA), Self-Enhancement Incorporated (SEI), Catholic Charities El Programa Hispano, and the Urban League.
- Department of Community Justice Workforce Development ProgramThis program provides services to individuals who have been identified by the court system. The program is a collaboration between, Worksystems Inc, SE Works, Central City Concern, Human Solutions, and Department of Community Justice. The vision for this partnership is creating a coordinated web of support to assist Department of Community Justice referred clients in their pursuit of self-sufficiency. Partners work together to ensure participants have the range of career coaching, training, housing and alcohol and drug treatment services they need. The goal is to assist program participants to find quality, living-wage employment.
- Collaborative Family Success ProjectThe Collaborative Family Success Project (CFSP) provides culturally-specific and culturally-responsive intervention services focused on family stabilization and support necessary to exit and not re-enter TANF. This program targets families of color who live in Multnomah County and are TANF recipients (or need TANF). Services are provided by Family Success Specialists who are trained in Assertive Engagement, Motivational Interviewing, and Trauma-Informed Care.
- Comprehensive assessments and individualize goal planning
- Referrals to wraparound services (housing/rental and energy assistance, food pantry, parent resources) provided by partner agencies who specialize in serving communities of color
- One-on-one coaching, life skills and resilience workshops
- Holistic support for the entire family
- Culturally responsive mental health screenings and referrals (by a licensed clinical specialist)
- Financial coaching
- Available referrals to Multnomah County fine and fee waiver program, Project Clean Slate
CFSP Partners: El Programa Hispano, Human Solutions, IRCO, Latino Network, Metropolitan Family Service, Native American Youth & Family Center, Self Enhancement Inc., and Urban League. Service coordination with DHS Family coaches.
Human Solutions envisions vibrant, healthy neighborhoods where all people can share in the security, hopes and advantages of a thriving, supportive community.
| HS Member Area |