A Kit Helps Provide Essentials for a Home
Thank you for your interest in sponsoring a Welcome Home Kit for a family moving into their new home! Sponsoring a kit can help people feel at home from the get-go.
To prepare for their new home, families will receive a $500 gift card to afford the basics they need to turn their house into a home — things like silverware, bath towels, cleaning supplies and sheets. You can give a specific gift card or donate money for us to buy a gift card. However you choose to participate, your efforts will ease the transition from homelessness to housing for a local family. We believe that every one of us deserves these basics.
Without the Welcome Home Kit, many families have to go without certain necessities — sleeping on the floor until they get beds and making do with supplies that everyone needs to eat, bathe, sleep, clean, organize and enjoy their home. $500 is a challenging, often impossible, expense for folks just moving from homelessness into stable housing. Most forego these to afford rent, utilities and food.
Thank you for helping us smooth the transition for local families moving from homelessness to housing. Together, we are building a community where all of us have what we need to thrive.
Sponsor a Kit Yourself or Gather a Group
If the $500 donation to sponsor a Welcome Home Kit is within your means and you’re ready to participate, jump to our ways to sponsor. Sponsoring a Welcome Home Kit with a group is a great way to participate. Some ideas:
- Gather a group to raise $500 together. This is a great project for clubs (book, knitting, running club — you name it!), religious groups, scouts, neighborhoods, families and friends. You decide which method works best for you to collect funds: a cash pool, collecting checks or using an online platform like GoFundMe.
- If you create an online giving page, we can help you set up a page or provide content. Send us an email for assistance.
- Send us a list of those who participated in the group collection, so we can thank each member of your team. Note: per Oregon tax law, we can only provide a single tax receipt for the total value of the donation ($500).
Two Ways to Sponsor a Welcome Home Kit
Give a Gift Card
Buy a $500 gift card to Walmart or Amazon and mail it to us at: Human Solutions, Welcome Home Kit, PO Box 90638, Portland, OR 97290. Gift cards are ideal because they enable families to shop for themselves.
Send Money & We’ll Buy the Gift Card
- Donate online. A donation $500 will sponsor a Welcome Home Kit. Please mention “Welcome Home Kit” in the comment box.
- Send a check(s) to: Human Solutions, Welcome Home Kit, PO Box 90638, Portland, OR 97290. Please make a note that it is for a Welcome Home Kit.