Halsey 106 Mixed-Use Development
- Owner/Co-Developer: Human Solutions
- Co-Developer: Gerding Edlen
- Architect: Holst Architecture
- General Contractor: LMC Construction
Halsey 106 is a partnership between Human Solutions and Gerding Edlen to develop a catalytic, mixed-use site adjacent to the new Discovery Park (new in summer 2018) in the heart of the Gateway community in East Portland.
Holst Architecture has created a terrific design for the site with three distinct components:
- Mixed-Income Housing. Human Solutions will operate and provide resident services to 75 rental apartments. 52 will be affordable to those with incomes between 30-60% of the area median.
- Service Center & Anchor Office. Human Solutions will provide community services that promote housing and economic security and will operate an anchor administrative office.
- Ground-floor Retail. Prosper Portland will own and manage 11,000 square feet of retail along Halsey Street and Discovery Park.
- Spring 2021: Projected Completion
- September 2019: Construction Begins
- June 2018 – November 2018: Construction Documents and Permitting
- November 2017 – May 2018: Design Development
- 2016: Community Visioning and Concept Development
The Collins Foundation, Dudley Ventures, Low Income Investment Fund, Metro, Meyer Memorial Trust, Multnomah County, On Semiconductor, Oregon Housing & Community Services, Portland Housing Bureau, PNC, Prosper Portland, and U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.