Human Solutions is pleased to host this groundbreaking celebration as we begin construction on our newest project, including mixed-income affordable housing development and Human Solutions’ service center and office space. The project features ground-floor retail operated by Prosper Portland along Halsey Street and Discovery Park, a wonderful new urban park built by the folks at Portland Parks and Recreation. The project is located in East Portland's Gateway neighborhood, where we are excited to become a contributing neighbor.
We are developing this project with our terrific partner Gerding-Edlen.
You'll find tasty (and of course local) treats, inspiring words, golden shovels, and an important land acknowledgement. We’ll also reveal the building’s new name! And 20 or so months later, we'll invite you back for the Grand Opening 🙂
PLEASE JOIN US!
Once a season, we offer this opportunity to prepare and serve a hot meal at the Gresham Women’s Shelter. We plan the menu, supply the ingredients, and all you need to do is show up! Come experience the joy of cooking with other caring individuals, hanging out with the wonderful women we serve, and learning more about Human Solutions’ work. To volunteer email Andie Doo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seasonal Sunday Dinner Dates:
JOIN US! EVENT DETAILS ———————————————————————
- WHO: Anyone interested in a different way of understanding poverty and those surviving it
- WHAT: Conversation about how we think about poverty & why it matters
- WHEN: Thursday October 17th from 5:30—7:30 PM (program 6-7)
- WHERE: APANO‘s Orchards of 82nd @ 8188 SE Division, Portland
- WHY: It’s time to upend the way we understand and talk about poverty and the people who experience it. Poverty bias is preventing effective and compassionate solutions.
- RSVP: Yes, please! Email us at: RSVP@humansolutions.org or call Andie on 503.548.0283
- FREE! Yes, this one’s on us. [But we think you’ll be inspired to give after you hear Mia!]
WHO IS MIA BIRDSONG? ——————————————————————
Mia is a pathfinder, community curator and storyteller who steadily engages the leadership and wisdom of people experiencing injustice to chart new visions of American life. She has a gift for making visible and leveraging the brilliance of everyday people so that our collective gifts reach larger spheres of influence, cultural and political change, and create well-being for everyone.
As a global community, we all want to end poverty. Mia Birdsong suggests a great place to start: Let's honor the skills, drive and initiative that people bring to the struggle every day. She asks us to look again at people in poverty: They may be broke — but they're not broken.
Learn more about Mia (and watch her viral 2015 TED Talk) here: http://www.miabirdsong.com/
$10,000 Presenting Sponsor
$5,000 Cocktail Sponsor
$2,500 Dessert Sponsor
$1,000 Good Friend 🙂
See all of the sponsorship benefits here.