JOIN US! EVENT DETAILS ———————————————————————
- WHO: Anyone interested in a different way of understanding poverty and those surviving it
- WHAT: Conversation about how we think about poverty & why it matters
- WHEN: Thursday October 17th from 5:30—7:30 PM (program 6-7)
- WHERE: APANO‘s Orchards of 82nd @ 8188 SE Division, Portland
- WHY: It’s time to upend the way we understand and talk about poverty and the people who experience it. Poverty bias is preventing effective and compassionate solutions.
- RSVP: Thank you for your interest. Registration is closed.
- FREE! Yes, this one’s on us. [But we think you’ll be inspired to give after you hear Mia!]
WHO IS MIA BIRDSONG? ——————————————————————
Mia is a pathfinder, community curator and storyteller who steadily engages the leadership and wisdom of people experiencing injustice to chart new visions of American life. She has a gift for making visible and leveraging the brilliance of everyday people so that our collective gifts reach larger spheres of influence, cultural and political change, and create well-being for everyone.
As a global community, we all want to end poverty. Mia Birdsong suggests a great place to start: Let's honor the skills, drive and initiative that people bring to the struggle every day. She asks us to look again at people in poverty: They may be broke — but they're not broken.
Learn more about Mia (and watch her viral 2015 TED Talk) here: http://www.miabirdsong.com/